Thai Green Curry
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 14 oz of stir fry chicken strips
- 2 Tbsp of best quality green curry paste
- 1 ¾ cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp of coconut sugar
- 5 Thai green eggplants, quartered and kept in salted water until needed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup Thai holy basil (regular basil works as well)
- 1 long red chili pepper – cut into strips to garnish
Add 2 Tbsp of oil to a hot medium pan, and then add the green curry paste. Stirring continuously until the aroma is released.
Add the chicken strips until they are fully coated with the curry paste.
Add the eggplant, coconut cream, fish sauce, coconut sugar and salt. Mix well.
Add the bay leaves, cardamom pods, whole black peppers, and cinnamon sticks, and stir for 30 seconds. Then add the remaining cup of sliced onions, ginger paste, garlic paste, and almond paste. Add a splash of water to prevent burning and sauté covered for about 5 minutes, until the onions have softened.
Tear the basil leaves and add in. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
Serve over a bed of rice and garnish with chili pepper.