Slow-Roast Oriental Duck Breast
From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
Duck breasts roasted with a zesty oriental marinade.
2 servings Pure Basmati Rice
2 duck breasts, with skin
Juice 1 large orange
1-inch piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbs gluten-free soy sauce
1 large tsp coconut sugar
3 whole star anise
2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Score the skin of the duck breast.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the spring onions, to make a marinade.
- Combine with the duck breasts and leave to marinate in the fridge for 2–3 hours or overnight if time allows.
- Heat a frying pan until hot.
- Remove the duck from the marinade and keep this to one side.
- Cook/sear the duck over a high heat for 2–3 minutes on each side.
- Place in an oven proof dish, coat with the marinade and roast at 392°F/Gas Mark 6 for 20–25 minutes. With the duck in the oven, cook your rice so you have both ready when ready to plate up.
- Allow the duck to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the duck breast and serve drizzled with any cooking juices, along with the cooked rice and sliced spring onions. Serve over your cooked rice and enjoy.