Mediterranean Grilled Halloumi Rice
- 0 - 30 Minutes
A super tasty Mediterranean-inspired dish that is perfect for BBQs and easy vegetarian lunches in the sun.
- 2 servings Tilda Pure Basmati
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, roughly chopped
- Handful fresh arugula leaves
- 1⅔ tbs olives of your choice
- 1 pack of halloumi, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Add the rice to a pan of boiling water and cook for 20 minutes or until tender, drain and then leave the rice to one side. With 10mins left fry chopped onion and bell peppers in olive oil for 5–7 minutes until softened.
- Stir through the olives with the onions and peppers.
- Heat through thoroughly and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Cut the halloumi into slices and griddle for a few minutes.
- Stir torn arugula leaves through the rice and top with the griddled halloumi slices to serve.