Egg Fried Rice
From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
Better than takeout! Cooked rice stir-fried with eggs, spring onion, and a touch of five spice. Serves 3–4 as a side dish.
¾ cup Tilda Pure Basmati
1 tbs Chinese stir-fry oil, or oil of your choice
3 spring onions, chopped
2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 tsp light soy sauce
Pinch five spice powder
A few chives, chopped
Salt and pepper to season
Oil for frying
- Cook the rice for 10 minutes, drain, and cool immediately.
- Scramble the eggs with the stir-fry oil in a pan, season well, and keep to one side.
- Lightly fry the spring onions in a little oil, and add the ginger.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and heat through.
- Add the five spice powder and soy sauce, adding more to taste if needed.
- Stir in the scrambled egg and the chives.