- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 2 cup Tilda Pure Basmati Rice, well washed
- ½ large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 bay leaf, torn
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cups toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 4 Tbsp sour cherries
- 4 Tbsp fresh pomegranate seeds
- 3 celery sticks, cut into 1/5 in pieces
- 1 ½ cups feta, crumbled
- 1 cup raw brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly shredded
- 3 1/3 Tbsp watercress, stalks trimmed
- ½ Tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Add the red onion in freshly boiled water for 30 sec, drain and set aside to cool. Heat the olive oil until very warm, pour into a small jug then add the paprika, chili flakes and bay leaf, and leave to infuse and cool.
Allow the rice to cool if you want to serve it cold. Using two forks, mix the rice with the lemon juice, 1 Tbsp of the oil, salt, and pepper. Fold the rest of the ingredients and drizzle the oil on top.