Chicken, Shiitake Mushrooms, Spring Onions, and Miso Soup
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, white part finely chopped and green tops thinly sliced and reserved for garnish
- ¾ cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 small red chili, thinly sliced
- 3⅓ cups vegetable stock
- 4 tsp red miso paste
- 1 pouch Tilda® Ready to Heat Pure Basmati Rice
- Nigella or black sesame seeds for garnish
Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat and gently fry the chicken, spring onions, mushrooms, ginger, and red chili.
Add the vegetable stock and miso paste, then simmer for 5 minutes or so, stirring to dissolve miso paste.
Just before serving, add the sliced green tops of the spring onions and sprinkle in a few nigella seeds.
Add the rice to the soup and stir to combine.
Just before serving, add the sliced green tops of the spring onions and sprinkle in a few nigella or sesame seeds.