Butternut Squash Curry
From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
A fragrant curry combining freshly made curry paste, whole spices and the sweet taste of Butternut squash and Sweet Potatoes.
2 Portions Tilda Pure Basmati
1¾ cups butternut squash, cut into chunks
¾ cup sweet potato, cut into chunks
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove
1 medium red chili, roughly chopped
2-inch piece of ginger root, peeled and grated
1 tbs vegetable oil
1 heaped tbs garam masala
2 onions, sliced
2 tbs vegetable oil
3 cardamon pods
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp mustard seeds
14oz can coconut milk
Large handful spinach
Large handful cilantro leaves, chopped
Toasted coconut shavings to serve (optional)
- Take your rice and cook until tender. While the rice is cooking, blanch the butternut squash and sweet potato for 5 minutes, drain and put to one side.
- Make a paste using the roughly chopped onion, garlic, red chili, ginger, 1 tablespoon of oil, and the garam masala.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan with a lid.
- Cook the whole spices for 1 minute, then add the paste for a further 1–2 minutes.
- Add the blanched vegetables and coat with the paste.
- Add the coconut milk and season well to taste, simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir through the spinach and cilantro at the end of cooking.
- Add the cooked rice and serve with the curry topped with toasted coconut shavings.