- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 3
- 2 pouches of Tilda Steamed Fragrant Jasmine Rice
- 70ml of soy sauce
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp of black peppercorns
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 125ml of white wine vinegar
- 6 chicken thighs or legs with the bone in
In a large deep-sided frying pan, add the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, peppercorns, sugar and bay leaves.
Nestle the chicken pieces skin side down into the pan and simmer over a low heat.
Bring the chicken pan up to the boil and then simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
Turn the chicken over and then cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Remove the lid and increase the heat so the sauce can reduce down by half and thicken slightly.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to pack instructions and serve alongside the chicken adobo.