Braised Lamb Shanks
- 91 - 120 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 2 pouches of Tilda Wholegrain Basmati rice
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 lamb shanks (seasoned)
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 200ml of white wine
- 900ml of lamb or chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp of French mustard
- 3 tbsp of redcurrant jelly
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Seal shanks with onions, thyme, bay leaves, and cinnamon on a medium to high heat. Add 3 cloves of garlic (whole) and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add wine and reduce for 2 minutes then add 1/2 the stock, cover and place in the oven to cook for 1 hour.
- Microwave rice as per instructions on pouch.
- Heat the redcurrant jelly and mustard with a couple of tablespoons of water in a saucepan.
- Scatter with fresh parsley, mint and season as required. Pour over the redcurrant and mustard mixture and serve lamb on bed of rice!