Quick & Easy Paella with Chicken & Prawns
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
Try using Tilda Pure Basmati in place of ordinary long grain rice – it will absorb all the flavours of the Mediterranean. *Use Gluten Free stock to make this dish Gluten Free
For the rice stage
- 1 pouch of Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 700ml ﬁsh stock* (made with 1 & 1⁄2 stock cubes)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 tsp. turmeric
- 1⁄2 tsp. mixed herbs
- 100g frozen peas
For the chicken and prawn stage
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried chilli ﬂakes
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 250g chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 100g cooked tiger prawns
- 100g cooked mussels (optional)
- 125g raw scallops (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Place the ﬁsh stock in a large saucepan, bring to the boil and add the bay leaves, turmeric and mixed herbs.
- Microwave rice as per instructions on packet
- Add the frozen peas and cook for a further 4 minutes, until the stock is absorbed and the rice is cooked. Remove the bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, for the chicken and prawn stage, heat the oil in a paella pan or large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and chilli ﬂakes and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, then add the chicken and stir-fry for a further 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns (and mussels and scallops if using and heat through gently for 4-5 minutes. Ensure the scallops are thoroughly cooked.
- Add the seafood mixture to the rice and stir gently to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and serve immediately.