Basmati Breakfast Bowl
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
Who says that breakfast has to include sourdough? Or that savoury rice is only for dinner?
This delicious and healthy bowl has all of your favourite breakfast foods but in a fresh and filling, new way.
- 1 x 250g sachet Tilda Pure Basmati rice
- 6 truss cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 100g smoked bacon, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 6 Tuscan kale leaves, stripped
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp dukkah/sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- Heat oven to 180°C
- Place tomato truss on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15 mins.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and also put a pot of water on to boil.
- Place the bacon in the frying pan and cook until browned, then add the mushrooms and cook until golden and crisped.
- Tip the rice into the pan and combine with the other ingredients before adding the coconut aminos and stirring to coat.
- Blanch the kale in the boiling water for 3 min and then drain. While it cooks, fry two eggs.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove seed and skin before sprinkling the dukkah over the cut edges.
- Sprinkle the chives over the rice and stir through. Build your bowls by adding the rice, kale and avocado.
- Gently place the roasted tomatoes and then top with the fried egg. Season to taste and enjoy.