- 31 - 60 Minutes
A simple rice pudding. If you make it in summer, garnish with red rose petals from the garden
90g (3oz) Tilda Pure Basmati rice (‘brokens’ are available in Asian supermarkets)
1 litre (1¾pt) full-cream milk
8-10 threads saffron
120g (4oz) golden caster sugar
1 pinch ground cardamom
5-7 almonds, blanched and chopped
5-7 pistachios, chopped
- Wash the rice; soak in plenty of water for 20 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Heat half the milk with the saffron, add the rice and stir until it reaches boiling point
- Reduce the heat, and simmer until the rice is just tender.
- Add the remaining milk, sugar, cardamom, pistachios, and almonds.
- Bring back to the boil, stirring gently, but continuously.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes and serve hot.