See below our answers to some frequently asked questions that our customers ask.
Unfortunately, currently we do not have any discount coupons or samples that we can provide upon request. We do however have regular competitions and giveaways on our social pages, so please make sure to like our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/TildaRice) and follow us on Twitter (@TildaBasmati).
Nutritional & Dietary
All of the rice that we supply, both dry and steamed is gluten free. Gluten is found in wheat or products containing wheat derivatives or rye, barley, oats, spelt (German wheat) and kamut (Oriental wheat).
Most of our products are suitable for vegans, apart from the following varieties:
- Tilda Steamed Basmati Egg Fried
- Tilda Steamed Basmati Roasted Vegetable
- Tilda Steamed Basmati Sweet Chilli & Lime
- Tilda Kids Cheese & Tomato
- Tilda Pulses & Rice Chickpea, Harissa & Lemon
Yes, simply defrost it and cook as normal to eat.
- When dry rice grains become darker in colour
- Unpleasant smell is coming from dry rice
- Bacteria growth within cooked rice will show signs of fungi or green mould
We advise on cooking 60g of dry rice per person.
There is no difference.
Our Pulses & Rice range and our Tilda Kids rice ranges are both available in single serve portion sizes. Currently our Tilda Steamed Basmati ranges are only available in packs containing two portions. However it may be helpful to know that these packs can be refrigerated for up to two days once opened.