Persian Rice with Lentils
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 6
Anna says “This simple and healthy Iranian dish is made with Tilda Pure Basmati, lentils and spices. If you’re busy like me, make one big batch to last you for 2-3 days and serve it with a delicious curry or grilled meat.”
- 1 cup of Puy Lentils
- 1/2 cup of Tilda Pure Basmati rice
- 2 cups of Water
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt or Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Saffron
- 2 tsp. mixed spices (Cumin, Turmeric, Cardamom, Cinnamon
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 2 Onions, diced
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 handful of roasted Pecans
- 1 tbsp. Chilli Oil
- Cook the lentils in salted water for 20-30 minutes, drain the water and set aside.
- Cook the Pure Basmati as per the instructions on the pack.
- Fry the diced onions in coconut oil, until golden. Rinse rice and run under cold water till clear, boil for 10 minutes and drain.
- Transfer the cooked rice to a large bowl and add the lentils, caramelised onions, spices, raisins, pecans and chili oil.
- Combine the ingredients and serve hot or allow to cool.