Middle Eastern Falafel Pitta
- 0 - 15 Minutes
Common street food in the Middle East, this tasty recipe is so easy to make! A simple dish bursting with flavours that will keep you going for the rest of the day.
60g Tilda Lemon & Herbs rice pouch
1 wholemeal pitta
2 falafels (50g)
6 thin slices of cucumber (25g)
A couple of spoonfuls (50g) of houmous
Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- Toast the pitta in a toaster and cut open.
- Heat Tilda Lemon & Herbs rice according to pack instructions and microwave the falafel for 30 seconds to heat through and halve.
- Spread a spoonful of houmous inside the pitta and top with rice.
- Add the falafel, another dollop of houmous, chilli flakes, cucumber and eat immediately.
- Tip: Could use a potato peeler to thinly slice the cucumber along its length to form ribbons.