Malaysian Chicken and Potato Coconut Curry
- 31 - 60 Minutes
Enjoy a warming chicken and potato curry, bursting with Malaysian flavours.
- 2 packs of Tilda Ready-to-Heat Coconut Basmati Rice (250g each pack)
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 pieces boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into smaller pieces (1 inch)
- 1 large onion, peeled
- 1 tbsp ginger/garlic paste
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1½ tsp coriander seeds
- ¾ tsp fennel seeds
- 4 cloves
- ¼ tsp cardamom seeds
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- Optional: ½ cup of water
- Blend onion with the garlic/ginger paste. In a deep saute pan, heat up 2-4 tbsp vegetable oil over medium heat. Saute until lightly golden brown, about 8-12 minutes.
- Add in the chicken pieces and saute for a minute or two.
- Grind together all the spices and add to the chicken. Continue cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the cubed potatoes, coconut milk and the brown sugar.
- If a thinner gravy is wanted, add in ½ cup of water. Stir, lower the heat and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Heat Tilda Coconut Basmati - cook for 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy!