Lemon & Ginger Chicken Rice
- 0 - 30 Minutes
Enjoy a hearty South Asian dish, packed with colour and flavours.
- 2 packs of Tilda Ready-to-Heat Coconut Basmati Rice (250g each pack)
- 500 gms cleaned bone-on chicken (thighs & legs preferred)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 inch fresh organic Ginger thinly sliced
- 5-6 Kefir Lime Leaves (dried or fresh)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- In a large, deep pan, heat the vegetable oil, add the chicken pieces once the oil is heated and brown evenly on each side.
- Now add all the spices, mix well and cook the spices with the chicken for a couple of minutes.
- Add thinly sliced ginger, kefir lime leaves, coconut milk and water, mix well and poach the chicken for about 10 minutes until the liquid is reduced to a third of what we started with.
- Remove the large, sliced ginger and kefir lime leaves.
- Stir in the packs of Tilda Coconut Basmati and cook for 2 minutes to incorporate flavours.