Tofu and Vegetable Fried Rice
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
- Packet 2-minute Ready-to-Heat TILDA Steamed Coconut Basmati Rice (250g)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 115g (~½ cup) firm tofu, crumbled
- Substitute for ½ cup of ground chicken or lean ground beef
- ¼ medium onion, finely diced
- ½ small carrot, finely diced
- ¼ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp black vinegar
- Substitute for 1 tsp of white rice vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 green onion, bias cut (sliced diagonally)
Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan on high heat.
Add the crumbled tofu and stir fry until the tofu is golden and slightly crispy.
Add the onion, carrot, and frozen peas, and stir fry with the tofu until the vegetables are soft and fragrant.
Add a pack of TILDA Steamed Basmati Rice and stir fry for 2 mins.
Mix in the soy sauce, black vinegar, nutritional yeast, and black pepper. Turn off the stove and mix in the green onions
Optionally, garnish your fried rice with more green onions, chili flakes/sauce, sesame seeds, chopped nuts, and lime wedges, and serve!