Hot Smokey Chicken25 mins
- Serves 4
- World flavours
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
Pair the smokey sauce with the heat from from our Limited Edition Peri Peri steamed basmati for a tasty and spicy recipe.
- 2 packs of Limited Edition Peri Peri rice
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Onion (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 Red Pepper (roughly chopped)
- Zest and juice from 1 Lemon
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Chilli Flakes
- 2 Teaspoons of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 4 Chicken Breasts (cut into large chunky slices)
Add all the ingredients, except the honey and chicken breasts into a small food processor.
Blitz ingredients to a coarse paste.
Add the paste to a large pan and heat over a high heat for a few minutes.
Add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat, add the lid to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove the lid, turn the heat up and fry for a couple of minutes to brown the chicken a little bit.
Once slightly brown stir in the honey.
Heat the Tilda Peri Peri rice according to the pack instructions.
Serve the chicken on a bed of the rice, pour over the juices from the pan and enjoy.
Great served with baby corn or coleslaw.