Vegan Katsu Curry
- 31 - 60 Minutes
A tasty, warm and comforting dish, rich in flavour and aromas using our Limited Edition Katsu Curry rice.
- 1 pack Tilda Limited Edition Katsu Curry rice
- 4 heaped tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp cold water
- Salt & pepper
- 200g panko breadcrumbs
- 300g aubergine
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- For dipping Sauce
- 1tsp chilli sauce – we used a Chilli & Yuzu one by YogiYo
- 2 tsp mirin
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Mix together the cornflour and water in a shallow dish. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Trim the aubergines and cut into 1cm slices.
- Spread the panko breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip the aubergine slices into the cornflour mix and cover completely. Follow by dipping in the panko breadcrumbs and coating well. Repeat this process so the aubergine pieces are double coated.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the aubergine for about 5 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Heat the pouch of Tilda Limited Edition Katsu Curry rice according to pack instructions.
- Make the dipping sauce by simply stirring the ingredients together.
- Serve the crispy aubergine on top of the rice. Drizzle with sauce and a sprinkling of sesame seeds and the spring onions on the side.