Sushi Rice Burrito
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
Japanese meets Mexican in this wholesome Sushi Burrito! Packed full of veggies, it’s fresh and colourful! It’s also fully customisable so you can switch the tofu with chicken. Perfect for a takeout lunch!
240g Tilda Sushi Rice
Sachet of Tilda Sushi Rice seasoning
1 block tofu
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
2 tbsp sriracha sauce
1 tsp maple syrup
4 nori sheets
1 carrot, grated
½ cucumber, cut in strips
Handful of shredded purple cabbage
2 spring onions, chopped
- Add rice and water to a pan and cook according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, slice a block of tofu into strips.
- In a bowl, mix the sesame oil, soy sauce, sriracha sauce and maple syrup.
- Coat the tofu strips in the mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins. After 10 mins, turn the tofu around and brush any remaining sauce on the strips. Bake for another 10 mins.
- Once the tofu and rice have cooled, lay down a nori sheet (shiny side down) on a bamboo mat.
- Spread a layer of rice on the sheet, making sure to leave an inch gap at the top and bottom of the sheet.
- Next top the rice with 1/5th of each of the following ingredients - carrots, cucumber, cabbage, spring onion and tofu strips.
- Carefully grasp the bottom of the bamboo mat and begin to roll the burrito. Use your thumbs and forefingers to help keep the ingredients together. Once you reach the top, give the burrito a firm squeeze to ensure everything is tightly rolled together. Seal the edge of the burrito with a little water.
- Remove the mat and slice the burrito in half.
- Serve and enjoy with Kikkoman soy sauce.