From Zoe Pickburn
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
Zoe says “This Nourish bowl is far less complicated than it looks, and once you master it there are literally thousands of variations. These colourful, flavor-packed bowls of goodness are a perfect lunchtime pick-me-up to power you through the afternoon.”
100g Tenderstem Broccoli
For the spiced Chickpeas400g tin Chickpeas
1 tsp. Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1/2 tsp. Ground Turmeric
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
For the Pink Onions1/2 Red Onion
2 Fresh Limes
1 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp. Fennel Seeds
For the Kale60g Fresh Kale
1 tsp. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
For the Salsa3-4 Baby Red Peppers
1 Red Chilli
1 Spring Onion
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and spread them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with the spices, and place into the oven to roast for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Set the broccoli in a sieve on top of the pan of simmering water, and cover, for five to six minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the red onion into a small frying pan. Add the juice and zest of two limes, the vinegar, and the fennel seeds, and cook over a high flame until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Cook the rice as per the instructions on the pack. Set aside the cooked ingredients to cool whilst you prepare the raw ingredients.
- Add the Kale, olive oil and seasoning to a lidded container and shake to wilt the leaves.
- Finely slice the peppers, chilli and spring onion into a bowl to make a simple salsa, then chop the avocado in half, remove the seed and skin, and slice lengthways.
- Assemble your bowl using kale and rice as a base. Add the Avocado and Chickpeas on either side of the base, so you have the four ingredients laid out into ‘quarters’. Fill in the gaps with the salsa and the pink onions and lay your steamed broccoli on the top. Voila!