Tilda Quinoa and Brown Rice Sushi With Miso Tahini Tofu
- 31 - 60 Minutes
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp maple syrup
2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
6 tbsp water
Sushi Rolls3 - 4 nori sheets
1 pouch Tilda Steamed Brown Rice & Quinoa
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
4 spring onions
220g smoked tofu
Black sesame seeds
- For Miso Tahini Dressing, mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Drain the tofu, place on a plate between kitchen towel and place a heavy object such as a chopping board or cookbook on top to press for 5-10 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrot and slice into thin strips about 1cm in diameter.
- Halve the tofu lenthways, then cut into slices 1cm thick , place in a bowl and pour the miso-tahini marinade over. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the skin and stone and slice the flesh lengthways.
- Trim and peel the spring onion, and slice thinly into strips.
- Place the brown rice and quinoa in a bowl and mix through the rice vinegar, along with a pinch of sea salt.
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Remove the tofu slices from the marinade and fry for 3-4 minutes, flipping after 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the nori sheet with the long edge closest to you. It is easier if you have a bamboo rolling mat, but it isn’t necessary.
- Spoon on a quarter of the rice and spread along the long side about an inch wide across the end closest to you.
- Add 3-4 pieces of tofu, avocado, spring onion and carrot. Spoon on some of the marinade and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Tightly roll the nori sheet, tucking in the filling and rolling until 1cm from the end to make a long sausage. Using some of the marinade, wet the end of the nori sheet and seal.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the sausage into 1 inch pieces. Set aside and repeat from stage 1 until you have no ingredients left.
- Serve with pickled ginger, wasabi and tamari/soy sauce.