Egg and Vegetable Fried Rice
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 8
A simple yet delicious simple fried rice which is ideal with left over rice. Courtesy of Cyrus Todiwala.
500g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
3 Spring Onions (Sliced)
1 Green Pepper (cut into fine strips. Use mixed if you like it to be more colourful. But no more than the equivalent of one pepper)
Mixed Vegetables (Blanched and cut small diced. Or Use shredded carrot, fine beans, diced mushrooms & green peas)
2 Eggs (well beaten)
2-3 Tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
Pepper powder to taste (use powder or finely crushed)
Soy sauce to taste
- Take a wok and add the oil.
- Heat the oil to smoking point and, allow to heat for a little while.
- Add the beaten egg and swirl with the ladle or spoon breaking it up as you go along.
- Add the spring onions and the peppers and sauté for a minute always keeping the heat high.
- Add the vegetables and the salt and pepper and sauté for a minute or so stirring and tossing from time to time.
- Add the rice and toss gently.
- If you do not know how to toss with a wok use the frying spoon.
- Once the rice is heated through season with salt and pepper and a dash or a few dashes of soy sauce.
- Taste & serve.