Coconut and Mango Rice Pudding
From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
For a show stopping dessert, try this coconut and mango rice pudding for a fruit twist on a traditional dish.
400ml coconut milk
250ml whole milk
Zest of 1 orange
5 tsp. caster sugar
8 green cardamom pods
1 tsp vanilla essence
200ml single cream
To serve2 x mangos peeled and sliced or 200 ml mango purée
2 tsp brown sugar
4 x tsp toasted sliced almonds
- To toast almonds, add dry to a pan and gently heat, keeping the flakes moving to prevent burning.
- In a saucepan add the rice, coconut milk, whole milk, orange zest, sugar, cardamom and vanilla. Cover with a lid and gradually bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rice is cooked.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and leave to cool using some cling film pressed across the surface to prevent a layer of milk film from forming.
- When the mixture has cooled, remove the cardamom pods and stir in the cream.
- To serve pour into a serving bowl, top with the mango slices or swirl in the mango purée. Finish with the toasted flaked almonds and a sprinkle of brown sugar.