Chickpea and Mixed Vegetable Tagine
- 16 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
Try our vibrant Moroccan-inspired chickpea and mixed vegetable tagine recipe for a delicious meal packed with spices.
- 2 pouches Tilda Golden Vegetable Rice or Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 250g tinned potatoes, diced
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- Juice of an orange
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Small handful dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the onions, carrots, red pepper, potatoes and spices for 5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, orange juice, vegetable stock, cinnamon stick and apricots and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper and stir through parsley.
- Heat the rice in the microwave or pan according to pack instructions.
- Serve rice with the piping hot tagine.