Chickpea and Mixed Vegetable Tagine
- 16 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 pouches Tilda Golden Vegetable Rice or Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 250g tinned potatoes, diced
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- Juice of an orange
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Small handful dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the onions, carrots, red pepper, potatoes and spices for 5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Add tomatoes, chickpeas, orange juice, vegetable stock, cinnamon stick and apricots and simmer for 20 minutes.
Season well with salt and pepper and stir through parsley.
Heat the rice in the microwave or pan according to pack instructions.
Serve rice with the piping hot tagine.