Chicken Katsu Curry
- 16 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
Add a modern Asian-inspired twist to your mid week meal by creating this delicious restaurant favourite at home! Our NEW Limited Edition Katsu Curry rice makes the perfect partner to this crispy chicken coated in panko breadcrumbs. For a tasty vegetarian version, replace chicken with tofu.
- 1 pouch Tilda Limited Edition Katsu Curry rice
- 200g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- For dipping sauce:
- 2 tsp Sriracha chilli sauce
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- Cut each chicken breast into two thinner pieces.
- Spread the flour, seasoned with salt and pepper, on a plate. Beat the egg and add to a bowl. Then spread the panko breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the flour, then egg and then coat in the panko breadcrumbs, ensuring an even coating.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the chicken for about 5 - 7 minutes each side until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- Heat the pouch of Tilda Limited Edition Katsu Curry rice according to pack instructions.
- Make the dipping sauce by simply stirring the ingredients together. Serve the chicken on top of the rice. Finally, drizzle with sauce, add a sprinkling of sesame seeds and the spring onions on the side.
- If using tofu instead of chicken. Mix cornflour and water, dip the tofu into the mixture and then the breadcrumbs. Coat the tofu twice then fry until golden.