Chargrilled courgette and harissa rice salad
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
Perfect to serve with grilled meat, fish or piled into baked vegetables – something for everyone!
- 240g Tilda Blends Brown Basmati and Wild rice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Moroccan seasoning
- 2 large courgettes, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthways
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- small handful fresh mint leaves
- 50g mixed baby salad leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the rice blend in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water over a medium heat for 25 minutes. Drain well and return to the pan, cover and leave to stand until ready to use.
- Heat a large griddle pan until smoking hot. Mix together 1 tablespoon oil and the Moroccan seasoning and brush over both sides of the courgettes to coat. Cook in batches for 2 minutes on each side until pleasantly charred with lines.
- Mix together the lemon zest and juice, harissa paste, remaining olive oil and mint leaves in a large bowl. Toss with the rice and salad leaves. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
- Cook's tip Harissa paste is originally from Tunisia, North Africa - it is a mixture of roasted red peppers, chilli and spices - it adda a wonderful vibrant colour and hint of heat to the dish.
- As an alternative you can use Tilda Brown Rice.