- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
Want to recreate one of your favorite takeout dishes at home, and keep it healthy at the same time? Then this paneer jalfrezi is the perfect recipe for you. Replace the paneer with sliced-up boiled potatoes or slices of cooked chicken—and anything you want to add to it—to change it to your taste. Courtesy of Chetna Makan.
1¼ cups Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
1 tbs sunflower oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1lb paneer, cut into long thin pieces
For the sauce:
2 tbs sunflower oil
2 small onions, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, grated
1-inch piece of ginger, grated
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 tbs ketchup
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, and cook for 10–15 minutes on low to medium heat until golden.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes and cook on low heat for 10 minutes until the tomatoes have softened.
- Now add all the spices with the ketchup and cook for a minute.
- Remove this mixture to a bowl and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat the oil. When hot, add the onions and bell peppers.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, then add the spice mixture that was prepared earlier.
- Mix it all well and then add the paneer. Heat for a minute, then serve with some piping hot Tilda Pure Basmati Rice.