Lamb Rogan Josh
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 cup Tilda® Extra Long Grand Basmati
- 10½ oz lamb leg steaks, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp rogan josh paste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- ½ tsp nigella seeds, toasted (also called black onion seeds)
- 1 cup tomatoes, canned, diced
- ½ cup water
- 1 large tomato, quartered
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Marinate the lamb in the paste for 10 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Fry for about 5 minutes to soften.
Add the marinated lamb and fry for 5 minutes to seal.
Add the chopped tomatoes, nigella seeds, and water, simmer for 15–20 minutes until the lamb is tender.
While lamb is simmering, cook one cup of rice according to package directions, reserve covered.
Add the fresh tomato quarters and salt and pepper to the lamb, and heat for an additional 3 minutes. Serve hot with basmati rice.