Lamb Rogan Josh
From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
Tilda Pure Basmati rice is the perfect accompaniment to this delicious curry. Using our microwave pouch, you can save time on busy weekday evenings, giving you more time to sit back and enjoy your meal. Replace lamb with baby new potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower for a tasty vegetarian version.
1 pouch Pure Basmati Rice
10½oz lamb leg steaks, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tbs rogan josh paste
2 tbs oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 thumb ginger, grated
½ tsp toasted black onion seeds
1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
½ cup water
1 large tomato, cut into quarters
Salt and black pepper to season
- Marinate the lamb in the paste for 5–10 minutes or longer if possible.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Fry for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the marinated lamb and fry for 5 minutes to seal.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, black onion seeds, and water and simmer for 15–20 minutes until the lamb is tender.
- Add the fresh tomato quarters and heat for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve piping hot.
- Heat the Tilda Pure Basmati rice as per the pouch instructions and serve alongside the curry.