Chinese Chicken Curry
From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
Chinese-style chicken with ginger, chili, bok choy, and crunchy toasted cashews.
⅔ cup Tilda Pure Basmati
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 large onion, sliced
2-inch piece ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small red chili, finely chopped
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground coriander
2 cups chicken stock
4 chicken thighs
½ cup bok choy, shredded
⅓ cup toasted cashew nuts
- Gently heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, and chili.
- Season and cook over a low heat for 4–5 minutes to soften. Add the flour and spices and stir well.
- Remove from the heat and blitz to a paste in a blender or food processor. Return to the heat and add the stock, stirring continuously. Set to one side.
- Add the remaining oil to a new pan and cook the chicken on a high heat, turning to seal the edges. Pour the sauce over the chicken and bring to the boil, then cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Add more water if needed during cooking.
- Cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- Add the bok choy to the chicken 5 minutes before the end.
- Serve with the rice and sprinkled with the cashew nuts.