Chinese Chicken Curry
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup Tilda® Extra Long Grand Basmati
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large onion, small dice
- 2-inch piece ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red chili, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 cups bok choy, shredded
- ⅓ cup toasted cashew nuts
Prepare the rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, gently heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, and chili. Cook until onion begins to soften. Add the cornstarch, turmeric, cumin, coriander and salt and stir to combine.
Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, whisking the stock. Reduce to a simmer and cook, whisking until the cornstarch thickens the liquid. Remove from heat.
Add the remaining oil to a new pan and add the chicken. Brown on one side, then turn over and brown the other side. Pour the stock mixture over the chicken. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the bok choy to the pan and cook an additional 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the bok choy is wilted.
Serve the chicken and sauce over rice and garnish with cashews.