Char Siu Pork Fried Rice
From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
A classic recipe with a Tilda twist. This delicious dish is made using Tilda Egg Fried rice, vegetables, and tender pork for the perfect quick and easy midweek recipe.
2 cups Tenderstem broccoli, cut into 2-inch pieces
3 tbs hoisin sauce
Half tsp Chinese five-spice powder
1 garlic clove, crushed
1-inch piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 small red onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
2 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
8oz pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- Blanch the broccoli in lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes, drain then set aside.
- Mix together the hoisin sauce, Chinese five-spice powder, garlic, ginger, and pork in a large bowl and leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes (if you have time, you can make this the night before). Begin cooking the rice based on the instructions on pack.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok or frying pan and stir-fry the onion for 2 minutes.
- Lift the meat from the marinade, shaking off the excess. Add the meat to the wok and stir-fry for 4 minutes. Leave the marinade to one side.
- Add the broccoli, spring onion, and reserved marinade to the pork mixture and stir-fry for 2 minutes until piping hot. Serve spooned over the rice.