Chicken Massaman Curry
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
A mild and slightly sweet curry originating from South Thailand. Delicious served with sticky Tilda Fragrant Jasmine rice.
- 1 pouch of Tilda Fragrant Jasmine rice
- 1/2 red chilli (de-seeded and cut into very thin matchsticks)
- 1 spring onion, trimmed, halved and thinly shredded
- 25g of unsalted peanuts
- 200ml of reduced fat coconut milk
- 100ml of hot chicken stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 50g of Massaman Thai curry paste
- 250g of skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into chunks
- 150g of baby potatoes, halved
- Small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped (there is lots of flavour in the stalks as well!)
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges to garnish
- Place the chilli and spring onion into a bowl of ice cold water and set aside while cooking the curry.
- Dry fry the peanuts in a small pan for 1-2 minutes until toasted. Set aside.
- Place coconut milk, chicken stock, cinnamon stick and curry paste into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the chicken and potatoes, cover and cook over a low heat for 20 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Discard the cinnamon stick. Stir in half the coriander, lime zest and juice and season to taste.
- Cook the rice according to pack instructions then arrange into individual serving dishes.
- Spoon over the Massaman curry. Scatter over the peanuts and remaining coriander. Drain the spring onions and scatter over the curry to serve.
- Serve with lime wedges to be squeezed over to taste.