Egg and Vegetable Fried Rice
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 8
A simple yet delicious simple fried rice which is ideal with left over rice. Courtesy of Cyrus Todiwala.
- 500g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 3 Spring Onions (Sliced)
- 1 Green Pepper (cut into fine strips. Use mixed if you like it to be more colourful. But no more than the equivalent of one pepper)
- Mixed Vegetables (Blanched and cut small diced. Or Use shredded carrot, fine beans, diced mushrooms & green peas)
- 2 Eggs (well beaten)
- 2-3 Tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste (use powder or finely crushed)
- Soy sauce to taste
- Take a wok and add the oil.
- Heat the oil to smoking point and, allow to heat for a little while.
- Add the beaten egg and swirl with the ladle or spoon breaking it up as you go along.
- Add the spring onions and the peppers and sauté for a minute always keeping the heat high.
- Add the vegetables and the salt and pepper and sauté for a minute or so stirring and tossing from time to time.
- Rinse rice under cold water till clear, boil for 10 minutes and drain. Then add the rice and toss gently.
- If you do not know how to toss with a wok use the frying spoon.
- Once the rice is heated through season with salt and pepper and a dash or a few dashes of soy sauce.
- Taste & serve.