Vietnamese-Style Marinated and Baked Tofu Rice Bowl
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
- For the rice:
- 2 packs Tilda Steamed Jasmine Rice
- Fresh Thai basil, finely chopped (or regular basil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the tofu:
- 1 Pack Medium firm tofu, cut into 4 rectangular pieces (each 1 cm thick)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp vegan fish sauce
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Juice of ½ of a lime
- For plating and garnish:
- Fresh lettuce leaves
- Fresh Thai basil (or regular basil)
- 2 finely chopped thai chili peppers
Combine the tofu marinade ingredients. Line the tofu slices in a dish and pour the marinade on top. Cover and marinate for up to one day/overnight if time allows. Reserve the extra marinade.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Line the marinated tofu slices on the baking tray and bake for 10 mins. Flip the slices and bake for another 10 mins.
While the tofu is baking, prepare the rice: cut open and microwave two packs of Tilda Steamed Jasmine Rice for 2 mins each. Mix in the finely chopped basil, salt, and pepper.
Assemble the bowl and top with fresh basil, chopped red chili peppers, and a splash of leftover tofu marinade.