Butternut Squash, Green Onion, and Serrano Jasmine Rice
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 pouches Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice
- 6 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp white onion, chopped
- 5 tsp minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 5 green onions, ends cut, sliced (green portion included)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 3 cups frozen butternut squash, diced
Heat rice according to package directions.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in spinach and kale and cook, stirring frequently, until greens just begin to wilt. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mix and set aside.
In same saucepan, add 3 tablespoons oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add white onion, and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 45 seconds. Stir in green onions, thyme, parsley, serrano, and remaining black pepper. Cook for 45 seconds. Stir in butternut squash and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until butternut squash is tender.
Combine butternut squash and cooked rice.
To serve, place spinach and kale on a platter and top with rice mixture.