Creamy Spicy Cashew Shrimp and Vegetables with Rice
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 Pouch Tilda Steamed Jasmine Rice
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/2 (200mL) can coconut milk
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Freshly cracked black pepper(to taste)
- 1/2 cup sliced snap peas
- 170g peeled raw shrimp, thawed and drained
- Chopped Cashews (Optional)
- Chopped curly green onions (substitute – regular green onions) (Optional)
Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in medium pot or deep non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, pepper and carrot; cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
Add garlic, curry paste, cashew butter, coconut milk, fish sauce, pepper and ¼ cup water. Bring to simmer, reduce to low, let cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 2 minutes.
Add shrimp and sugar snap peas. Cook, stirring, just until shrimp are cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, microwave Tilda Steamed Jasmine Rice according to package directions. Serve shrimp, vegetables and sauce over rice and garnish with toppings.