Vegetarian Fried Rice
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 4 cups TILDA Pure Basmati Rice (can be leftover)
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts divided
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated ginger (from a 2.5cm piece)
- 200 g frozen edamame beans
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp furikake seasoning or sesame seeds
- Lime and fresh coriander to serve (optional)
- Salt (to taste)
- 3 tbsp Oil
Cook TILDA Basmati Rice according to the package directions. Transfer to a plate to cool. Heat a large non stick pan over high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil.
Put the eggs in a small bowl, season with a little salt and whisk well. Add the beaten eggs to the pan. Using a spatula, cook the eggs for about 30 seconds, remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the 2 remaining tablespoons of the oil to the pan. Add the carrots, and whites of the green onions. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, for about 1 minute.
Add the cold rice, edamame, and cooked eggs to the pan. Add the soy sauce and mix well.
Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Stir in the green parts of the green onions and sprinkle with the furikake (or sesame seeds).