Corn Tortilla with Tilda Pulses & Rice Pinto Bean, Green Chilli & Lime40 mins
- Serves 4
- Quick & Easy
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Home made corn tortillas are easier than you think. Try them with our Tilda Pulses & Rice Pinto Bean, Green Chilli and Lime.
- 4 packs of Tilda Pulses & Rice Pinto Bean, Green Chilli & Lime
- 225g of wheat flour
- 4 tsp. of Olive oil (2 tsp for dough + 2 tsp for salad)
- ½ tsp. of salt for the dough
- 150ml of boiling water
- 5 tbsp. of sweetcorn drained, pat dried and crushed
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ red onion sliced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander cut finely
- Salt and vinegar to taste
- 2 tbsp. semolina for dusting
In a mixing bowl, place the flour and olive oil with 1 tsp of salt then pour the boiling water over and mix well with a spoon. When cool enough to handle, knead on a work surface, incorporating the corn.
Cut the dough ball into four, roll into balls. Place on a plate, cover with cling film and put in the fridge to rest for 30 mins.
In a mixing bowl, place the cucumber, red onion, mint, coriander, olive oil and a touch of salt and vinegar to taste.
Dust the work surface with semolina, roll out each ball until very thin to a circle of approx. 20cm diameter.
Grill each tortilla on a cast iron grill/barbeque on both sides.
Heat the Pulses & Rice, then add to the salad bowl and toss well.
Cut each tortilla into 8 & serve with the Pulses & Rice salad.