Chinese Rice and Tofu Soup35 mins
- Serves 4
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
A quick, easy, healthy and nutritious soup with our Tilda Blends Brown Basmati and Quinoa.
- 100g Tilda Blends Brown Basmati and Quinoa
- 4cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into very thin matchsticks
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1.2 litre hot vegetable stock
- 1 pak choi bulb
- 1 medium sized carrot, peeled and cut into small thin matchsticks
- 150g plain firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Sweet chilli sauce to drizzle (optional)
Cook the rice blend in a pan of lightly salted boiling water over a medium heat for 25 minutes. Drain well, return to the pan, cover and leave to stand for 3 minutes.
Place the ginger, garlic, chilli and stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Trim the pak choi bulb and separate the leaves. Keep the small inner leaves whole and shred the outer larger leaves.
Add the carrot, pak choi and tofu to the stock, bring back to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the spring onions, rice blend and soy sauce to season. Serve immediately drizzled with sweet chilli sauce if liked.
As an alternative, you can use Tilda Brown Basmati Rice.