Kidney Bean Puloa
A healthy combination of kidney beans and rice. Served with plain yoghurt or raita.
Difficulty (1-5): 4
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Add oil to a heavy bottom pan and heat. Add cumin, bay leaves and cinnamon, followed by the onion and ginger to the hot oil.
- Saut until golden brown and add the tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Stir in the rice and add the boiling water. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the rice is soft and the liquor has been absorbed.
- 150g (5oz) Tilda Pure Basmati rice
- 1 small can kidney beans, drained
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped and de-seeded
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 660ml (22 floz) boiling water
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil