Vegan Banana Bread
- 61 - 90 Minutes
Let your kitchen be filled with the comforting aromas of this delicious and incredibly moreish banana bread. It’s soft, moist texture and satisfying, crispy top will make it a winner amongst family and friends. Our Rice MLK is naturally sweet, making it perfect for this recipe and all your other baking!
Tildalicious Tip: Use gluten free flour, add an extra ½ tsp of baking powder and bake for around 10 minutes less for a delicious gluten free version of this recipe.
- 4 very ripe medium sized bananas, peeled
- 100g brown sugar
- 75ml Vegetable oil
- 75ml Tilda Rice MLK
- 250g plain flour
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 170C fan/190C/340F.
- Grease and line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Mash 3 bananas in a large bowl add the sugar, oil and Rice MLK, mix well.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, coconut and cinnamon and mix until well combined.
- Pour cake mixture into the lined baking tin, slice the remaining banana and place lengthways across the top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes then remove and place on a cooling rack until cold enough to serve.