Turmeric Garlic Shrimp with Rice and Peas
From Diana Alshakhanbeh
- 0 - 30 Minutes
Diana says: “A Caribbean inspired spicy turmeric garlic shrimp. This recipe is very easy to make and is ready in only 20 minutes! Serve this delicious dish with limited edition steamed basmati rice and peas.”
1 Pack of Tilda Pure Steamed Basmati Rice
500 grams jumbo shrimp (peeled)
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp paprika
¼ tsp cumin
1 tsp thyme
⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic (minced)
- In a medium bowl combine turmeric powder, paprika, cumin, thyme, crushed red pepper flakes, ground black pepper, salt, and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add shrimp to the bowl, and mix well to coat.
- In a large deep sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat and add the shrimp.
- Cook shrimp until it's cooked through, then add garlic in the last minute but make sure that it does not burn.
- Remove from heat, and squeeze lime over shrimp. Serve with Tilda Rice and a simple salad on the side.