Exquisite Chicken with a Fruit Curry sauce and Coconut Basmati Rice
From Tilda Kitchen
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
“This dish is so tasty and effective yet so easy and very simple. Serve with lobster instead of chicken and you have a very special dish.”
*Use Gluten Free stock to make this dish Gluten Free
For the chicken
2 free range chicken breasts
1 tbsp plain ﬂour
salt and pepper
50g / 2oz salted butter
1 tbsp sunﬂower oil
For the coconut basmati rice
150ml (1⁄4 pint) coconut milk
125g (4oz) Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
For the curry sauce
50g / 2oz butter
1⁄2 small onion, ﬁnely chopped
2 pineapple rings, drained and diced
1 small banana, cubed
1 ﬁrm apple, peeled and diced
2 tbsp medium curry powder
1 tbsp desiccated coconut
75ml / 3ﬂoz chicken stock*
75ml / 3ﬂoz coconut milk
salt and black pepper
50g / 2oz sultana
- Cut the chicken breast into large chunks.
- Lightly ﬂour and season the chicken chunks.
- Heat half the butter and oil in a pan and cook the chicken until golden brown, this should take about 10-12 minutes.
- Melt half the butter in a large saucepan and add the onion, pineapple, banana and half the apple.
- Add the curry powder, desiccated coconut, coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Pass through a sieve to form a smooth glossy sauce.
- Melt the remaining butter and gently cook the apples and sultanas for 5 minutes just until softened. Add to the smooth curry sauce.
- Rinse the rice in cold water. Place into a pan and just cover with cold water. Add the coconut milk and boil for 10 minutes or until the rice is just cooked. Drain.
- Spoon the rice onto a plate topped with the chicken and with a drizzle of sauce.
- Serve with a tomato and red onion salad.