Exquisite Chicken with a Fruit Curry sauce and Coconut Basmati Rice
- 16 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
This dish is so tasty and effective yet so easy and very simple. Serve with lobster instead of chicken and you have a very special dish.
*Use Gluten Free stock to make this dish Gluten Free
For the chicken
- 2 free range chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp plain ﬂour
- salt and pepper
- 50g / 2oz salted butter
- 1 tbsp sunﬂower oil
For the coconut basmati rice
- 150ml (1⁄4 pint) coconut milk
- 125g (4oz) Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
For the curry sauce
- 50g / 2oz butter
- 1⁄2 small onion, ﬁnely chopped
- 2 pineapple rings, drained and diced
- 1 small banana, cubed
- 1 ﬁrm apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 75ml / 3ﬂoz chicken stock*
- 75ml / 3ﬂoz coconut milk
- salt and black pepper
- 50g / 2oz sultana
- Cut the chicken breast into large chunks.
- Lightly ﬂour and season the chicken chunks.
- Heat half the butter for the chicken and oil in a pan and cook the chicken until golden brown, this should take about 10-12 minutes.
- Melt the other half of butter in a large saucepan and add the onion, pineapple, banana and half the apple.
- Add the curry powder, desiccated coconut, coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Pass through a sieve to form a smooth glossy sauce.
- Melt the remaining butter and gently cook the apples and sultanas for 5 minutes just until softened. Add to the smooth curry sauce.
- Rinse the rice in cold water. Place into a pan and just cover with cold water. Add the coconut milk and boil for 10 minutes or until the rice is just cooked. Drain.
- Spoon the rice onto a plate topped with the chicken and with a drizzle of sauce.
- Serve with a tomato and red onion salad.