Bibimbap (Korean Stone Pot Rice Bowl)
- 31 - 60 Minutes
Bibimbap means 'mixed rice' and it is comprised of rice topped with vegetables, sauce (e.g. gochujang, a korean red pepper paste, and often meat and/or an egg.
500g Tilda Premium USA Long Grain Rice
30g each bean sprouts, carrot, cucumber and shitake mushroom, shredded
50g beef, sliced
3 tbsp concentrated Korean broth
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp sesame seed to serve
- Cook rice following the instructions on the bag.
- Stir fry the carrots, with a bit of salt and sesame oil, until soft.
- Season the cucumber with a bit of salt and sesame oil and mix well.
- Cook bean sprouts in boiling water for a minute. Drain well and mix with a bit of salt and sesame oil.
- Stir fry the shitake mushrooms with soy sauce for 1-2 minutes, set aside
- Stir fry the spinach with a bit of salt until soft, set aside
- Fry egg until half done, and then set aside
- Stir fry the beef in medium heat with Korean broth and 2 tbsp of water until sauce thickened.
- Coat the stone pot with sesame oil, add rice and heat pot on low heat for 3-4 minutes. Then cover the rice with all the ingredients and cook until rice at the bottom of the pot is nicely browned without the lid.