Beef with a Mushroom and Shallot Gravy
- 0 - 15 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 pouch Tilda Golden Vegetable Rice or Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsps. sunflower oil
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 350g beef stir fry strips
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 200ml water
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 heaped teaspoons beef gravy granules
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pan and gently fry the shallots for around 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
Add the remaining oil to the pan and add the beef strips. Cook over a high heat for 3-5 minutes until the beef is cooked.
Add the shallots and mushrooms back to the pan together with the smoked paprika and water. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
Heat the rice in the microwave or pan according to pack instructions.
Add the Worcestershire sauce and the gravy granules and thicken
Season well with salt and pepper and serve with the rice
Serve curry with the rice and sprinkle with chilli flake if desired.