Spanish Chorizo, Bacon & Rice Frittata
- Serves 6 - 8
A great use of leftovers no matter which rice variety you use, our frittata recipe is a quick, easy and tasty lunchtime offer that your customers won’t forget.
Top Tip: This dish is perfect for using up leftovers in the kitchen, making a delicious lunch time menu item.
- 250g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati or Tilda Easy Cook Long Grain Rice, cooked and chilled
- 115g Spanish chorizo ring, chipped into small chunks
- 3-4 rashes streaky bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 10 eggs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 45g fresh parsley
- 50ml whole milk
- 75g cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of oil over a medium heat in a 25cm skillet or 25cm shallow casserole pan.
- Add chorizo, bacon and onion and cook until onion is soft and bacon is cooked through, (approx. 6-8 minutes). Add red pepper and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in cooked rice, paprika, salt and pepper and heat for a further minute.
- Meanwhile in a bowl whisk eggs, milk and parsley, then pour evenly over chorizo mixture. Cover and cook on medium heat for approximately 8 minutes, or until the bottom and sides are firm and top is almost set.
- Top with cheese then transfer to a preheated oven at 180˚C for 4-5 minutes (until the cheese is bubbly and the frittata is set).
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then cut into 6-8 slices and serve.
- While this dish is best served hot, it is also delicious eaten cold and can be refrigerated for 24 hours and reheated.