Sausage and Egg Fried Rice
- Serves 20
For an added kick add 3 tsp of Garam Masala into the rice when stir frying.
1kg Tilda Brown & White Rice
20 good quality sausages
450g carrots, peeled and cut into small dice
6 tbsp Vegetable oil
10 medium eggs
10 large spring onions, sliced
6 tbsp soy sauce
420g frozen peas
- Grill or oven cook the sausages until cooked and golden brown and set aside to keep warm.
- Bring a large pan with 2 litres of water to the boil, add Tilda Brown ‘n’ White rice and return to a medium boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes depending on required texture.
- Add the diced carrots after 10 minutes cooking. About 5 minutes before the rice is ready, add the frozen peas. Drain well and keep warm.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan and lightly beat the eggs. Pour the eggs into the pan to coat the base and cook on a medium heat until almost set as a thin omelette – this should take about 2-3 minutes. This can be done in 2 batches if necessary.
- Flip the omelette and cook for a few seconds more, then slide it out of the pan, roll into a sausage shape and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a wok or large frying pan and sauté the spring onions for 1 minute.
- Fluff up the rice mixture with a fork (there should be no cooking liquid left). Tip into the wok with the soy sauce, freshly ground black pepper and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with sliced egg and sliced sausage.