From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
This mild chicken korma is the perfect midweek curry for the whole family. Replace chicken with paneer for a delicious vegetarian version.
2 servings Tilda Pure Basmati
1 tbs oil
1¾ tbs unsalted butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1 thumb ginger, grated
3 tbs korma paste
2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
3½oz canned chopped tomatoes
½ cup water
1 small pot (½ cup) coconut yogurt
1⅔ tbs ground almonds
1 clove garlic, crushed
Salt and black pepper to season
- Get your rice into a pan of boiling water and cook for 20mins or until tender. While the rice is cooking, heat the oil and butter in a large pan and add the onions, garlic, and ginger, then fry for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the korma paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and fry until sealed and slightly browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and water, then cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut yogurt and almonds and stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve piping hot on top or to the side of your rice.