- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
This mild chicken korma is the perfect midweek curry for the whole family. Replace chicken with paneer for a delicious vegetarian version.
- 1 cup Tilda® Extra Long Grand Basmati
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup korma paste
- ¾ cup tomatoes, canned, diced
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup yogurt, plain
- 2 Tbsp almonds, ground
- Salt and black pepper to season, if necessary
- Prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring for 4 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the korma paste and continue cooking an additional minute to release the flavors.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the yogurt and almonds and stir through. Cover and hold until ready to serve.
- Check for seasoning and use salt and pepper to adjust. Serve hot on top or to the side of a scoop of rice.