Bombay Tawa Pulao
- 0 - 30 Minutes
300g Tilda basmati long grain rice cooked and cooled
- Crush the garlic in a pestle and mortar. Add it to a small bowl and mix in the chilli powder, set aside.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan or wok over a medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 10 seconds. Add the onions and fry for 8-10 minutes as they begin to soften and colour.
- Add the ginger fry for a minute followed by the garlic chilli paste and fry for 1 minute. Now add the peppers and green beans, fry for 6 minutes as they coat the masala.
- Add the tomato and pav bhaji masala fry for 2 minutes. At this stage add the cooked potatoes and green peas stir well.
- Lower the heat and add the cooked rice, season to taste and stir making sure all the masala and vegetables coat the rice grains.
- Turn the heat off and garnish with coriander, lemon juice and add butter. Serve warm with raita and salad.